Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This Week in Nelson, volume 3, number 49 & 50

Yes, yes. Running behind again. By more than a week again. I’ve been busy. It’s a busy time of year. Blah, blah, blah. Seriously, though, it’s finals for Saira, we’re moving this Friday and Christmas is next Friday. So, let’s get down to business and postpone this no longer. This week we’ve got to get moving, so:

Birthday shout-out to Jason, Bella, Melissa and Kathryn! Hell yeah, birthdays!

Books read this week:
-Still reading Fates Worse Than Death by, Kurt Vonnegut
-Still reading Chronic City by, Jonathan Lethem
-I’m also still reading some collections of Jamie Delano’s work on Hellblazer
-Started reading I Drink For a Reason by, David Cross

Random out-of-context quotes of the week:
--“We should build a candy cane sex cage for the snowmen in our yard, too.”
--“With all due respect, a man who pierces the skull of another man with a golden snake is not a common thief, sir.”
--“I’m delirious with ass pain!”
--“Remington paid his court costs, abandoned his attempt to get rich raising sheep, and moved farther west.”
--“Just because you’re getting married doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a good dangle every now and then.”
--“He’s corking your corncob pipe!”
--“Well, I don’t suppose there are too many of us left who look upon soup as having sex appeal, but I still do. I always will.”
--“I don’t know. Why are you asking me questions? I don’t know things. And I don’t make things. I just make things better.”
--“Pressure? Get married when you want. Your wedding’s just one more day in my life I can’t wear sweat pants.”

My Emails to Bill O’Reilly this week:
-“Dear Mr. O’Reilly,
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Pictured here is a kitten wearing a frog hat. Sorry it was difficult to recreate here)
Sincerely,
Roboman
15 December 2009"

Interesting news articles of the week:
-Nothing particularly interesting. At least, nothing worth typing up here.

Something(s) I’m tired of/ mad at:
-Nothing, really. Kind of cold, I guess. And I don’t like moving, but I’m really happy to be moving in with Saira, so I don’t mind so much.

Something(s) I’m delighted by:
-Saira!
-Zoo World! Saira got me addicted to this facebook game where you own a zoo and I can’t stop. Check it out, it’s fun. Or at least just make a zoo so I can visit it and make money. Please.
-Denver Broncos. Still looking playoffs bound. If only they hadn’t inexplicably dropped that game to the Redskins, they’d be on top of the division still, too. And the Redskins have actually been looking like a decent team who can score points and everything.
-KU Basketball. Looking pretty fucking good. Looking a little like championship good.

Something(s) I found really kind of odd:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqGgFPV-8SM
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AquRuqyQQc
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8e1_P4yvfc

This Week in Answers to Your This Week in Questions This Week!
-Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nelson recommends:
-myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com
-thebricktestament.com
-Zoo World! Seriously, go make a zoo. Right now. I’ll wait.
-Snyder’s of Hanover Hershey’s Chocolate-dipped pretzels. Holy fuck, they changed my fucking life. So good!

So, yeah. I’m calling it.

See you next week.

–> N.

No comments:

Post a Comment