Thursday, August 27, 2009

This Week in Nelson, volume 3, number 34

Thunderstorms, thunderstorms, thunderstorms. Love those things. Well, when they aren’t flooding my place I love them, which they haven’t been doing lately, so go thunderstorms, I say. It’s the 97th TWiN this week. Number 100 is slouching ever closer to Bethlehem. Make peace with your gods now. This week we’ve got a pretty laid back week. Nothing crazy. Although I’m a big fan of this week’s O’Reilly email. Anyway, here we go.

Birthday shout-out to, ummmmm, nobody? We’ll see, I guess, but I don’t know of anybody off the top of my head.

Books read this week:
-Still reading Fates Worse Than Death by, Kurt Vonnegut

Actually did some reading this week. Maybe I didn’t so much bring hell with me, but you kind of have to work up to hell. If you try to bring hell with you without stretching first and maybe taking a few practice laps you can blow out a hammy.

Random out-of-context quotes of the week:
--“I never really enjoyed hats until I was twenty-six.”
--“It’s cool. Robert Downey, Jr. opened the door. Now I’m a walk through that door. Get me some bathroom sex at Applebee’s.”

My Emails to Bill O’Reilly this week:
-“Dear Mr. O’Reilly,
My love for you allows me to pray to the
spirit of eternal beauty and tenderness
mirrored in your eyes or to fling you down
under me on that soft belly of yours and fuck
you up behind, like a hog riding a sow,
glorying in the very sweat and stink that rises
from your arse, glorying in the open shame
of your upturned dress and white girlish
drawers and in the confusion of your
flushed cheeks and tangled hair.
Sincerely,
Roboman
26 August 2009"

Special thanks this week to James Joyce for providing the body of this email to O’Reilly.

Interesting news articles of the week:
-Unfortunately, my news source is lost to me for a couple weeks. My apologies.

Something(s) I’m tired of/ mad at:
-You know what? There’s nothing. I’m just happy. Life is good.

Something(s) I’m delighted by:
-Saira’s delicious cooking! She’s made me dinner three times this week and each meal was absolutely fantastic. Seriously, life is fucking good.

Something(s) I found really kind of odd:
-KFC has come out with something called the Double Down Sandwich. It’s bacon, two kinds of cheese and some kind of sauce between two pieces of chicken. That’s right, they’re using chicken as bread! Don’t believe me? Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2009%2F08%2F24%2Fkfcs-double-down-sandwich_n_266848.html&h=3f1309506d9f7f28bf861d641d1bd8b8
-And, while you’re at it, check this out, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M

This Week in Answers to Your This Week in Questions This Week!
--Man, it’s feast or famine with the questions lately. I can’t answer what I’m not asked. That’s simple chemistry.

Took the cats to the vet this week. They both got a clean bill of health. It was a little weird, cause they both lost a little weight from last year, but they’re still in the healthy range and look a-ok. I really appreciate the fact that I can leave food out all the time for those cats so I don’t have to worry so much about feeding schedules and they both eat reasonably and don’t let themselves get fat. It’s just handy. It also helps that they stay fairly active for indoor cats. Anyway, all’s well on that front, too.

Got to see Stu this weekend for his birthday, which was cool. Hadn’t seen him in a while. Always good to catch up with an old friend. I wish he could have stayed a little longer, but what can you do?

Didn’t see any new movies this week, but I went to the midnight movie madness thing at Liberty and watched Pulp Fiction with Saira, which was fun. I love me the hell out of that movie, and I saw it a bunch of times in the theater back in the day, so it was cool to see it on the big screen again. Although, it was kind of a pain that there were some people there who thought they were cooler than everybody else and would occasionally say a line before it got said on screen, which, come on people. Who are you trying to impress?

You know what’s a pretty good show? The Closer. Saira’s got the DVDs and we’ve been watching it and I really enjoy it. It’s just a solid cop show and does a good job of balancing horrible, fucked up shit and wacky misadventures. Check it out. I recommend it.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. See you next week.

–> N.

No comments:

Post a Comment